By Brittany Quemby | Jan. 06, 2016
It’s a new year, and with it comes new opportunities to engage your patients in their healthcare. Why is patient engagement so important? Because the more engaged the patient, the more likely he/she is to obtain preventive care, such as health screenings and immunizations, and to adopt healthy behaviors such as eating right, exercising, monitoring conditions and following treatment plans.*
The good news: A significant percentage of patients want to be more involved in their healthcare – and they think technology can help.
- 58% believe that technology leads to better healthcare.*
- 32% want more health messaging and believe that such messaging may help them avoid missing an appointment or forgetting a medication.*
- 77% would be likely to schedule an appointment for preventive services, such as vaccinations and screenings, in response to a personal message from their doctor.*
As a provider, you can help meet your patients’ needs for improved communications and outreach with the introduction of PatientPrompt to your patient engagement toolbox. Our reminders and educational messages, which can be deployed via email or text, support your strategies around patient satisfaction, patient retention, care coordination and population health. Want to learn more? Schedule a demo today.
* “Which Approaches Encourage Patients to Become More Engaged in Their Own Health Care?,” Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, January 2012
* Nuance, August 2015
* Nuance, October 2013
* The Profitable Practice, May 2015