By Jackie Sciaudone | Nov. 13, 2019
On October 1, 2019, Medicare penalized 2,583 hospitals for having too many Medicare patients readmitted within 30 days, costing hospitals $563 million.
Although organizations are doing what they can to reduce readmissions, many are still falling short. Medicare is encouraging healthcare organizations and hospitals to put a focus on how their patients recover, follow medication instructions, and book follow-up appointments, but many are finding it hard to find the time to do so.
We all know that exceptional service goes far beyond a patient’s appointment; it ensures the quality of their experience after they have departed your office. But it isn’t always easy. While providing a discharge process that includes follow-up care, requesting feedback about patient satisfaction, and offering other services can create a positive experience and reduce readmissions, it is quite time-consuming Investing in a streamlined post-discharge process not only adds additional personal touch points, but it can also directly reduce your readmissions and identify potential areas of improvement. Did you know that a post-discharge process including post-discharge follow-up calls can reduce 30-day hospital readmissions rates by 47.7 percent!
We can help! Our services help you facilitate your brand’s effort to continually provide the best possible service to your patient’s while ultimately:
- Encourages post-discharge compliance
- Protects patient health
- Prevents readmissions and repeat visits
- Evaluates service performance
- Accesses call data and reporting
- Measures efficacy of patient pain control
- Reinforces positive experiences
- Identifies and addresses problem areas
Our Post-Discharge Services
- Provide clinical and non-clinical outreach 24-48 hours after patient discharge
- Gauge discharge compliance and offer proper escalation process for patients needing immediate attention
- Track patient and physician follow-up compliance and compare with care plan recommendations
- Access real-time reporting and call data to evaluate service performance and areas for improvement
Our post-discharge services have helped thousands of organizations lower readmissions and improve HCAHPS scores, while offering consistent follow-up services and exponential value. Looking to learn more about our post-discharge services and how they can help your organization? Click here.